Who's In the Cloud?
It's no surprise that Amazon Web Services dominates the cloud market, but providing the infrastructure companies need to be in the cloud.
All Your Favorite Services
Of course all your favorite web services and sites are run in the cloud, public or privately. The largest public providers are AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Microsoft Azure.
- Office 365
- Reddit, News sites, etc
- Essentially every web site you know and all your favorite web services you pay for on a monthly basis.
Cloud computing, whether private or public, will only increase. The more companies utilizing the cloud, will drive the revolution and also bring costs down further. We're all aware of subscription based services where we pay monthly fees per user, and that's only going to increase.
- 77% of all enterprises have at least one application or portion of their infrastructure in the cloud.
- 95% of all organizations will be relying on SaaS (Software-as-a-Service.....i.e Subscription based) for applications in 18 months.
- 54% of organizations think IT must increase collaboration with other business units
- 30% of all IT budgets are allocated to cloud computing
Figures courtesy of Forbes